Special Needs Program Supervisor - Surrey
At Hollyburn Family Services, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We’d love to have you on our team!
As the Program Supervisor for our Special Needs therapeutic program located in Surrey, you will have the opportunity to oversee a therapeutic program and lead the team to support, care, and mentor youth with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs. You embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for overall functions of the program home. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling and training staff, implementing behavioural support plans, carrying out administrative duties, ensuring household maintenance and safety, treatment planning, community liaison, and being part of an integrated case management team.
The successful applicant will need to have some background working in a supervisory or leadership position.
The position is responsible for the direct supervision of the program and team. The Supervisor will oversee the clients and work closely with the Senior Worker and Behavioral Technician to ensure the clients' programs and routines are being followed and updated. The Supervisor will be responsible for all administration tasks that are required to run the program.
This line is Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with occasional evenings/weekends as needed, and includes joining the Weekend On-Call Supervisor rotation.
- Post-secondary education in related field and/or equivalent experience working with youth with ASD and special needs
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with youth with ASD and challenging behaviours
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in ABA
- Familiarity with ASL an asset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with community resources, multi-disciplinary professionals, and client families
- Clear, direct, and sensitive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver confident supervision and provide performance feedback to staff, both positive and constructive as necessary
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License and provide an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Current CPR/First Aid (or must complete the training we provide upon hire)
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) or MANDT training (or must complete the training we provide upon hire)
- Available to work weekends and evenings when required
- Proof of COVID-19 double vaccination record or exemption from the provincial health authority
A sample of what you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate regular team meetings
- Ensure all reports, updates, time sheets and petty cash records are completed within deadlines
- Manage scheduling of relief and permanent staff, including sick days, vacation time, stat holidays etc.
- Provide appropriate reports and records as necessary to maintain Accreditation and MCFD standards
- Oversee the team’s data collection efforts
- Participate in occasional weekend on-call rotation with appropriate compensation with all other supervisors
- Establish professional working relationships with government agencies and other relevant agencies in order to facilitate appropriate case management in the best interest of the client
- Participate in agency supervisory meetings and training
- Provide advocacy as required
- Work collaboratively with supervisory team
- Provide regular updates to Program Manager
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant services and programs
- Keep informed of all current trends and issues
- Maintain a working relationship with other community service providers, stakeholders and interest groups
- Attend related training and conferences to stay current on latest best practice and field development
- Participate in broader organizational projects and committees to enhance knowledge and practice
Salary: $25.50-$27.75/hour plus benefits
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we are excited to offer:
- Hands-on, extensive, and continuous training
- Professional development and advancement within our ever growing organization
- 100% employer premium paid extended health, dental, vision care, and life insurance for you and your dependents
- Paid vacation, wellness days and sick days
- Group RRSP matching of up to 6% of gross salary
- Tuition reimbursement and subsidies for professional development (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses)
- Casual dress
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly work environment
- And more!