Casual Behaviour Support Worker - Fraser Valley
At Hollyburn Family Services, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. Whether you are new to the social services field and want to gain experience, are a veteran in this field, or seeking a new career path, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Casual (On-Call) Behaviour Support Workers for our Special Needs therapeutic programs in the Fraser Valley (Abbotsford, Langley, Mission). You will work as part of a team to provide support, care, and mentorship to children/youth with autism and special needs in a therapeutic home setting. A variety of shifts are available, allowing you to work around school, family, or other obligations.
Other locations include: North Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta. It will be a plus if you can work in other cities, but not required.
You must have:
- Ability to meet our Relief/Casual Team Guidelines and Expectations which includes availability requirements for on-call shifts
- Relevant experience or knowledge of the Autism spectrum and/or other behavioural and mental disorders
- High school diploma
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Minimum Class 7N BC Driver's License (Class 5 preferred) and acceptable driving record
You’ll score more points if you have:
- Completed or attending post-secondary education in Psychology, ECE, ABA, Nursing, Social Services, or related field
- Relevant experience working with children/youth with autism or developmental disabilities
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Knowledge of behavioural support plans
- Experience with de-escalation and crisis management
- …but don’t let all this stop you from applying, because we will provide you the necessary training and certifications in all these areas!
A (small) sample of what you’ll be doing (Full job description available here):
- Building positive working relationships with the client, family, community members, and other professionals involved in the care team
- Encouraging and modeling acceptable social standards and setting appropriate boundaries
- Engaging in frequent interaction with clients, using appropriate means of communication
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Performing household maintenance duties, preparing meals, administering medication, and assisting clients with personal care as needed
- Collaborating with the clinical team and providing input into assessments and care plans
Salary: $21.68-$22.25/hour + 4% vacation pay on each pay cheque
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we are proud to offer:
- Hands-on, extensive, and continuous training
- Professional development and internal advancement opportunities within our ever growing organization
- Casual dress
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly work environment
- And more!
Complete the application process below, telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. NB that once you click submit, you cannot come back to your application to add additional files. Please gather all documents you will be submitting before you start your application below.
At Hollyburn, the health and safety of our employees, our clients and everyone’s families is our number one priority. We continue to follow all protocols set forth by Provincial Health and local health authorities as part of BC's Restart Plan.