Youth Program Supervisor - Burnaby
At Hollyburn Family Services, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We’d love to have you on our team!
We are looking for a Program Supervisor for our youth therapeutic program for a female at-risk youth client in North Burnaby. This line is Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with some evenings/weekends as needed, and includes joining the Weekend On-Call Supervisor rotation.
You are Supervisor material. This means that you are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support and care for our persons-served as well as acting as a mentor and supporting the team with whom you will be working. You embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for overall functions of the home. This includes but is not limited to leading, scheduling and training full time staff and relief staff who work at these programs; as well as, implementing behavioural support plans, administrative duties, household maintenance and safety, treatment planning, community liaison, and being part of an integrated case management team. If you can bring experience in clinical direction to this role, that will be a plus.
- Post-secondary education in Child & Youth Care, Psychology, Criminology, Social Services, or related field and/or equivalent experience working with youth with mental health, behavioural challenges, and/or brain injury
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with youth with mental health, behavioural challenges, and/or brain injury
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in providing clinical direction
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience
- Must own a vehicle, hold a valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License, and provide an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Current CPR/First Aid (or be willing to obtain upon hire)
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) or MANDT training (or be willing to obtain upon hire)
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings when required
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Experience and ability to work effectively with challenging behaviours
- Able to work collaboratively with community resources and within a team setting
- Demonstrate clear, direct and sensitive verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with program management and development
- Experience with team building and the ability to train staff
- Ability to deliver confident supervision and provide performance feedback to staff, both positive and constructive as necessary
- Experience liaising with community resources, multi-disciplinary professionals and client families
A (small) sample of what you’ll be doing (Full job description available here):
- Facilitate regular team meetings
- Ensure all reports, updates, time sheets and petty cash records are completed within deadlines
- Manage scheduling of relief and full time staff, including sick days, vacation time, stat holidays etc.
- Provide appropriate reports and records as necessary to maintain Accreditation and MCFD standards
- Oversee the team’s data collection efforts
- Participate in occasional weekend on-call rotation with appropriate compensation with all other supervisors
- Establish professional working relationships with government agencies and other relevant agencies in order to facilitate appropriate case management in the best interest of the client
- Participate in agency supervisory meetings and training
- Provide advocacy as required
- Work collaboratively with supervisory team
- Provide regular updates to Program Manager
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant services and programs
- Keep informed of all current trends and issues
- Maintain a working relationship with other community service providers, stakeholders and interest groups
- Attend related training and conferences to stay current on latest best practice and field development
- Participate in broader organizational projects and committees to enhance knowledge and practice
Salary: $25.00-$27.75/hour plus benefits
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we are proud to offer:
- Hands-on, extensive, and continuous training
- Professional development and advancement within our ever growing organization
- Employer premium paid extended health, dental, vision care, and life insurance. Employees pay their own Long Term Disability premiums.
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, paid wellness days and sick days
- Group RRSP matching up to 6% of gross salary
- Tuition reimbursement and subsidies for professional development (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses)
- Casual dress
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly work environment
- And more!
Complete the application process below, telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. NB that once you click submit, you cannot come back to your application to add additional files. Please read the posting and gather all documents you will be submitting before you start the application below.
At Hollyburn, the health and safety of our employees, our clients and everyone’s families is our number one priority. We continue to follow all protocols set forth by Provincial Health and local health authorities as part of BC's Restart Plan.