Special Needs Program Manager
At Hollyburn Family Services, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We’d love to have you on our team!
We are looking for a Program Manager for our Special Needs therapeutic homes in North Vancouver. Reporting to the Director of Special Needs, this role maintains an overview of several programs, providing support and leadership to the Program Supervisors and their staff. The Manager is responsible for the overall supervision, development and administration of the programs, including staff recruitment and orientation, community networking with referring agencies, attendance at agency supervisory meetings, monitoring of all reporting and statistics and completion of annual reports. The Manager ensures that program outcomes, according to the written service contract, are achieved. The Manager shall monitor the resources required to fulfill agency and program commitments.
This position is Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week, with some evenings/weekends as needed including joining the Weekend On-Call rotation.
You must have:
- Education: B.A. in a related field plus 3 years of direct supervisory experience providing autism services
- Education and training in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience and training in behaviour modification/management and intervention practices
- Experience and training with the ability to implement life skills and community based programming
- Experience and training in social development and family support
- Experience with supervision, program management and development
- Experience with staff recruitment, hiring and training
- Clear, direct and sensitive verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate experience liaising with community resources and multi-disciplinary professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly
- Effective general management and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a cross-discipline and multi-jurisdictional team
- Must own a vehicle, hold a valid B.C. Driver’s License and have business insurance with $3,000,000.00 liability
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Current First Aid and CPR certification (or be willing to obtain)
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (or be willing to obtain)
A (small) sample of what you’ll be doing (Full job description available here):
Human Relations Management
- Effectively communicate with staff team and supervisors program vision and expectations in reference to case assignment, case file management, reporting, discharge and transition, and follow-up procedures
- Identify staffing needs and strategize to build capacity
- Recruit and build teams
- Develop individuals and support their growth in assigned role
- Evaluate staff and provide effective feedback
Open Systems Management
- Manage community relationships and problem solve with a proactive approach
- Identifies new opportunities and implement directives that support program area growth
- Communicate vision/values to stakeholders
Internal Process Management
- Measure and highlight program performance monthly, quarterly and annually
- Analyze data and make appropriate program recommendations
- Ensure each program maintains/meets contractual expectations
- Attend and contribute to management meetings and agency initiatives
Rational Goal Management
- Provide service/treatment direction and overview of service planning within each program area
- Provide crisis management support as required
- Delegate and direct supervisors/senior staff
- Manage financial resources
Salary: $4,800-$5,100/month plus benefits
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset, we are proud to offer:
- Hands-on, extensive, and continuous training
- Professional development and advancement within our ever growing organization
- Employer premium paid extended health, dental, vision care, and life insurance. Employees pay their own Long Term Disability premiums.
- 2 weeks paid vacation to start, paid wellness days and sick days
- Group RRSP matching of up to 6% of gross salary
- Tuition reimbursement and subsidies for professional development (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses)
- Casual dress
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly work environment
- And more!
Complete the application process below, telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. NB that once you click submit, you cannot come back to your application to add additional files. Please read the posting and gather all documents you will be submitting before you start the application below.
At Hollyburn, the health and safety of our employees, our clients and everyone’s families is our number one priority. We continue to follow all protocols set forth by Provincial Health and local health authorities as part of BC's Restart Plan.